Wednesday 16 July 2014

DIY | July Makes | Kimono


I thought I'd share with you what I have been making recently. This month I have mainly been sewing some silky summer kimonos. I made my first one for myself after unsuccessfully finding the perfect one on the high street. I was overwhelmed with the positive response I got from my lovely friends after posting this picture on Instagram. So I started making them for anyone who asked for one. I love making them, they are so easy and fun. The silky material is beautiful and drapes perfectly. I added fringing on some and left others plain, but personally love the fringing.

I have made a darker blue kimono for one of my oldest friends for her 22nd birthday and cant wait to give it to her on Friday. I love seeing people wearing my creations and hearing their kind and encouraging words, it makes it all the more worth while.



I hope you like it! 
Thanks for reading
SHARE:

2 comments

© Made Up Style. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig