Thursday 11 June 2015

Style | This Season Must-Have Prints | SS15

Looking for a little outfit inspiration this season? 

Statement prints are wardrobe staples when it comes to summer. With less layers comes a need to say a lot in one piece. Try these new prints this season to really stand out and nail summers hottest trends.

// Bright Botanical //

Botanical

Florals in summer are a no brainer...

 
 but this year they have been given a chic new twist in the form of the botanical print. Blooms and foliage in a realistic handrawn print are all over the highstreet this summer. Go bold and bright with this new take on a classic trend. 

 I love florals as they are so versatile and suit any occasion from family wedding to picnic in the park.

 

// Tropical Leaves //


Tropical leaf
This print is a winner for on the beach... or for at least making you want to be on one! Tropical banana leaves look great on anything from playsuits to bikinis just pair with plain accessories to avoid over doing it.

 I love this Lavish Alice two piece from Asos, it's one of those outfits you can take from day to night as it would look great with both flats or heels. 
Stripe Trouser trend

Stripes are back with a bang this season, much to my delight! I think it's such a easy print to wear and looks really sophisticated. I think this trend works best in tailored pants & structured dresses so this summer I'll be investing in some high waisted stripe pants to wear with crop tops and camis. 

Top Tip - Go wide legged for that added 70's retro vibe.

// Moroccan Tiles //
Morrocan tile
Escape to the warmth of Marrakesh with this print. Geometric prints take on an exotic spice this summer with tiled patterns and placement boarders. I would style this print with lace up gladiators and statement jewellery to give a boho, globetrotter vibe to an outfit.


Topshop top // Boden vintage dress // Missguided Pink dress // Miss Selfridge Tile dress  // Missguided red dress // 


I hope you have enjoyed this post and picked up some style inspiration and tips!

What's your favourite summer print?

I have just started using Polyvore after it was recommended to me in a blogger twitter chat the other night and I love it! This is how I have made my trend boards in this post, so if you like this style please let me know or head over to Polyvore to make your own! It's really fun!



 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Made Up Style. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig